Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dolphins

I remember the first time I ever saw dolphins swimming in the ocean.

I was about 14 or 15, and our family was camping at Grover Beach. My sister and I woke up and decided that we were going to walk to the beach before breakfast. Mostly just to get out of the tent we were sharing with two of my brothers. It's amazing how boys in the middle of puberty don't even have to do anything to stink it up.....

We had to walk over the dunes to get to the beach. We were mostly looking for these teeny tiny sand dollars on the sand. An Italian couple were also out walking. Then all of a sudden they yelled and were pointing out to the water. We looked, and there they were. It was almost as if we could swim to them, they were that close. By that point, my whole family (six kids and two parents) had decided to follow us and were at the beach, so we all saw them.

It was pretty awesome.

I've seen them several times since then, and every time it amazes me.

I love it. Maybe some day I'll get to swim with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment