Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Almost forgot

It's late, and I almost forgot to do my ten minutes.

I had a friends kids over for a while so she could pick up her husband (who had been gone for work for two to three months) in peace. And because, for a change, it was super nice outside, I did my best to keep all five kids outside to play. It worked for a little while. I managed to be out long enough to get a little bit of a flip flop tan on my feet, which warmed my heart.

I have been reading a lot of books. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, Heaven is for Real, Beside a Burning Sea, and I Still Dream About You. And tonight I started The Poisonwood Bible. Our book club is starting up next month again, so I'm trying to read the books I want to read before I commit to reading books that other people want to read. I really do enjoy our little group that gets together. We'll be talking about The Historian at our next meeting.

My vacuum is on its way out. Which is sad, as it is purple. When my husband bought it for me, he bought it because he knew I liked the color purple. Well, and we needed a new vacuum. And I always use cleaning products or appliances more if they smell nice and/or are pretty. You can't not use a purple vacuum. I will have to start pricing them out. In a perfect world, I would have two vacuums. One for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. I just hate carrying those heavy things up and down. We do have a small handheld one for the stairs and the car.....

Well, my ten is almost up. It is late, and I need to get to bed because tomorrow we don't have any plans, and I'm looking forward to just being home, without anyone coming over (I watched two other sets of kids last week. I don't mind watching other kids. But I think I'm done with that for a week or two.) and without having to do much at all. Maybe we'll go get their school supplies. And some milk....almost out of milk.......

No comments:

Post a Comment