Thursday, September 23, 2010

So

This last weekend, my husband had a triathlon in the middle of nowhere, Eastern Washington.

He had looked for and made the hotel reservation. When I heard how much it was, I thought, ok, it will be decent enough. Boy, I had a surprise waiting for me.

For the first time in my life, I stayed in a motel with a neon sign shining out front. This is the view from our room. We paid less for a Motel 6 room in Boise, and the room was ten times better. I guess this is what happens when you go to the middle of nowhere.


This is where we had breakfast. It was a short walk up the road.



Our motel in the daytime as we were walking back to it. I hadn't brought my wallet to breakfast. No continental breakfast here.
These are a few of the buildings we saw on our walk. A lot of the town looked like this. It was a pretty sad little town. But I did love the colors on the buildings.
We live in a pretty small town. And this town was even smaller than ours. We look like a huge metropolis with our Walmart just on the edge of town, and our decent sized Safeway.

Lessons: 1) Don't let my husband make the reservation without my input.
2) Be thankful that my own small town is bigger than others.
3) Remember that motels with neon signs do not serve continental breakfasts, so bring my wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment