Monday, January 23, 2012

Pet Peeves

So, the other day, on the phone with my mother, she asked me if I had any colors chosen.

Colors? For what?? I had no idea what she was asking. She then continued on and said for the quilt. And what did I want on it? She thought rocking horses would be cute.

Holy cow. I don't have colors chosen. I haven't thought one tiny bit about what 'theme' this baby would have, or what kind of bedding to get. Mostly because my babies sleep in a bassinet next to me until about 3 months. I have plenty of time to worry about that crib stuff. But luckily, my new neighbor gave me her boy bedding for a crib, complete with crib skirt and bumper pads. Score! And while I know this is a big deal for some new mothers, it is probably the least important thing on my list. I've just moved over 1,000 miles, and have been unpacking and have two other kids that need my attention. Colors??? sigh....

And please don't be offended at my next pet peeve. But I really really hate when people shorten the word pregnant for 'preggie/preggy' or 'prego'. I am pregnant. Prego in the USA is a brand of pasta sauce, or if you actually speak Italian, I believe it means 'hurry up'. I equally hate 'hubby' or 'hubster'. I have a husband. I have no idea why we have to shorten these words into something like that. When I was thinking about this earlier, there were a few more words that I had on that list, but I can't remember what they were. I seem to see these all over facebook, in emails, and on blogs. Heaven forbid we use the real term.

Ok, I feel a little bit better.

In other news, I am a few weeks from my due date. I'm going for the VBAC. And we'll see how everything goes.

And now I need to get the laundry moving.

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee hee. I say prego and hubster and hubby all the time. Good thing you love me!

    Can't wait for the next couple of weeks - this is all so exciting!

    ReplyDelete