Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So, yeah.....

Well, isn't this blog sad. Haven't posted for almost a month. I have to say, I have been busy. I also have thought about my glad game and have tried to focus on the good parts of these dreary days.

I've also thought, why the heck do I have a blog if I don't use it? I think the answer is: I've become gun-shy. I'm afraid of sharing too much, or saying too much. Maybe I should just try it and see how it goes. So.......

A few weeks ago, I went to an arraignment. We sat through about five people before the person we were there for had their turn. The people before her were interesting. Two had jumped bail, then were found a month later, holed up on a roof, hiding from the cops with guns and drugs. While the judge was telling the first defendant of her fate (no bail, amongst other things) she starts crying. (All this was done on video. They were in the other building with video cameras in each room. The more I think about it, the smarter I think that is) So, as we can see her get upset and cry, I am thinking, um, are you serious??? Are you a complete moron? You JUMPED BAIL. Remand is all you're going to get honey. Suck it up. You want to hide on the roof and try to shoot at cops?? Anyway, the entire experience of going to a courtroom, being near the jail, seeing the others in the courtroom, listening to the procedures and watching the lawyers (especially the one for the defendants. He was rolling his eyes so many times I lost count.) was a huge learning experience for me, and for the person that we were there for. So, that is what I really think about that.

A few months ago, I got a phone call from my RS pres (the president of the local church woman's group) about a new person that had recently moved into the ward. She told me some information about her, in hopes that I would be able to help her out with a situation that she had. I called her, and was able to do what was needed. We also took their children to the church Halloween party as she was not feeling well. (some of what she needed was due to some extensive health problems.) My husband gets asked to be her home teacher. He does his best to call, go over and make sure things have been taken care of. Throughout this time, they still haven't come to church. Then, for whatever reason, they stop returning phone calls. The RS pres calls, my husband calls, I call....and nothing. We only have one phone number. People tried to stop by, no one would answer, or no one was home. I have to admit, it was irritating. People in the ward had done quite a bit for them, and now nothing??? Well, a little over a week ago, I got a phone call from my RS pres again. They had finally called back, she had had her surgery, and would I be able to take them dinner? It was 1600, I was at the store with my kids. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and a few sides (making sure of the one sons two big allergies) and go to their house. NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR. And of course, no one answered the phone when I called. Got another phone call the next day and found out that the husband had went Christmas shopping and left his wife at home, sleeping. She then asked if I could take over the dinner from yesterday for that night. Um, we ate the chicken. I am SO BUGGED over this. WHY can people not return phone calls? One simple call. You don't have to call all of us back, just one would be good enough. Just one phone call. I am to the point where I don't want to do anything for them at all.

So, there you go. That is how I really feel. It's not terribly nice, but it is how I feel. It actually feels good to write it down. I should do this more often, then I wouldn't hold onto it for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment